Custom aluminum welding

Timfish

Any body know some one who's good welding aluminum? I need to do a custom water cooled heat sink for an LED light and need a good welder who will work with me on designing and fabricating it.

Any body know some one who's good welding aluminum? I need to do a custom water cooled heat sink for an LED light and need a good welder who will work with me on designing and fabricating it.

I don't know a welder but if you haven't seen Paul B's water cooled LED setup, I'd take a look at it and maybe you can borrow some ideas. Sounds like a fun project Timfish.

Thank You! It'll be a fun challenge. I think. After finalizing a design and getting a deposit for a rimless setup my client decided to remove part of a balcony on a multilevel stairwell so it can be seen from above. So now I have to come up with a light bar roughly 6'L x 3"W x 1.5"H and about 500 watts and make it look like it's floating about 3" above the water. I've looked at water cooled cold plates and water cooled heat sinks multiple times over the years and there's a lot of stuff for CPUs looks like will work but I've still got to make a custom heatsink/fixture I can mount 3-up 20mm LED stars to.

when i was looking at venting solutions for some DIY's i was going to use 2x3 aluminum square tubing from onlinemetals. then pipe fans blowing into them via drilled holes or otherwise (but removable, because sometimes you need to move things). The air would be cooled by a "remote" water chiller, w/ a water circuit to the evaporator/fan box in the sump area, then air flow up from there (low profile).

look into hydroponic evaporators for lighting tubes and vent/hvac booster fans, adapt from there. you can pull the chilled circuit off an aquarium chiller on a closed loop, or get a "real" water chiller (hydroponics/restaurant industries). dont forget insulation because these lines WILL sweat!

Archived