Rose Bubble Tip Anemones

Derek

This year has been great so far. My rose bubble tip anemones have been splitting like crazy. I started with just 3. Now I have 7. I think soon my tank will be an anemone tank!

post-1242-0-28546300-1454883283_thumb.jp

Ugh - those little ********! Is anyone here an expert anemone catcher?

I started with one last year... I just counted 15 in the tank...

My attempts to catch them haven't been successful yet smile.png

If it's a keep what you catch scenario, I can train to become an expert ;)

I have a similar issue with my green bubble tip anenomes, I have around 14 now (hard to count as they don't have name tags...). Some have bubble tips, others do not, some are green and others are pale white (which I believe is that they are not getting enough food so I have started target feeding the pale ones and they seem to be starting to get their green color back).

post-3417-0-63230000-1454969003_thumb.jp

post-3417-0-57690000-1454969016_thumb.jp

post-3417-0-48572500-1454969021_thumb.jp

I'll post some pictures when I take more. I have plenty on my iPad.

Man cant wait to have a take that looks that nice, still in build stage of mine, how old is your tank can you post another pic or two if the tank is bigger thanks snoopy

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Yeah it is weird. Even one that is from the same "mother" does not have bubbles while the other half does. It's odd.

It's interesting that even with the multitude in your tank, that some bubble and some do not. Very interesting!

You could try putting a rock you don't like next to them. They might attach then you can take it out. That is what I normally do.

Ugh - those little ********! Is anyone here an expert anemone catcher?

I started with one last year... I just counted 15 in the tank...

My attempts to catch them haven't been successful yet :)

I love the green ones. I had a green LTA but he went through my power head a month ago. The green bubbles are nice. Great pictures!

I have a similar issue with my green bubble tip anenomes, I have around 14 now (hard to count as they don't have name tags...). Some have bubble tips, others do not, some are green and others are pale white (which I believe is that they are not getting enough food so I have started target feeding the pale ones and they seem to be starting to get their green color back).

attachicon.gif20160208_134819.jpg

attachicon.gif20160208_134833.jpg

attachicon.gif20160208_134844.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I started with one RBTA is got from Mark Callahan and now I have 4 that are rather large. I also got one green one about the size of my thumb at ARC. Now I have about 12 or 14 of varying sizes. My tank is becoming a 'nem farm. If I knew how to get them loose, I'd sell some of them.

I started with one RBTA is got from Mark Callahan and now I have 4 that are rather large. I also got one green one about the size of my thumb at ARC. Now I have about 12 or 14 of varying sizes. My tank is becoming a 'nem farm. If I knew how to get them loose, I'd sell some of them.

I'll be posting a video this week on just that topic.

Archived