NOOOOOO Not ICH!!!!

Jimbo662

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far so good. I just fed and everyone was eating as much as they could get to.

One positive affect of the tangs deaths is the royal gramma is now staying out all the time. The purple fire fish has been coming out quite a bit more and the blue gudgeon actually came out a couple of times and swam around. He's been in hiding under the rocks since the day I put him in!

Caught half the fish with a fish trap within about an hour last night and got them in the QT tank and started treatment. I gave the sailfin and small clown a ro/di bath first. Was surprised to see the white stiff sloughing off them. Woke up this morning and the sailfin seems just fine. His body is splotchy with dark marks...reminds me of bruises. he's swimming around exploring and looking for food. The clown was dead :-(

Now just gotta get the rest of the fish out!

I'd moved the two McCorkers wrasses over, both had never showed any signs of infection. Once it was light in the room I find this.

post-2872-0-56978500-1451317910_thumb.jp

There's a hole in the lid that's 2 1/2" x 1 1/2" and that little sucker hit the lottery and found it!!!! it's covered now!

post-2872-0-32917200-1451317962_thumb.jp

Wrasses, they'll always find a way! Sorry about all the fish troubles Jimbo.

That's why I recommended the freshwater bath. The parasite that causes marine velvet is a dinoflaggelate and readily drops off in a freshwater bath, unlike ich which is a protist and burrows under the skin and is less affected by a freshwater dip. Just stick to the instructions of the CP treatment and you'll be fine. Don't mix it with any other medications, don't run carbon or a skimmer, and don't run a light over the treatment tank as CP is sensitive to UV light and it could diminish its effectiveness. Since there is no test kit for CP, just keep track of water changes and dose the same volume back as removed. For instance, 10 gallon water change, when you replace the 10 gallons, just dose 10 gallons worth of CP dosage back into the water. There is a large margin of error for CP, unlike a copper treatment, so it doesn't have to be perfect. Good luck!

The lid of the tank has built in white LEDs...I assume those are safe to run...they're very cheap looking lights.

One thing I find amusing is that apparently with the wrasses out of the tank the pods are enjoying their free run of the tank. They're swimming all over the place.

The lid of the tank has built in white LEDs...I assume those are safe to run...they're very cheap looking lights.

One thing I find amusing is that apparently with the wrasses out of the tank the pods are enjoying their free run of the tank. They're swimming all over the place.

I would imagine so on the lights but if it was me, I wouldn't run them just in case. The fish will be fine with ambient room light for the duration of the treatment.

ARRRGGGGHHHH...these last 4 fish are gonna drive me nuts! I have 5 chromis, 2 of which I caught right away in the trap. The last 3 swim all around it but will never go in. If they see food in it that peck at the sides of the trap!!!! I've been hoping they would get comfortable enough around it to investigate inside...but noooooooo. The blue gudgeon will only pop out of his hole every now and then. Looks like this weekend I'll be pulling rock out of the tank!!!! thumbsdown.gif Crazy how the chromis, goby, wrasse and firefish have shown now signs of any infection whatsoever.

Archived