Lightning Maroon Clowns

LoganC

Still waiting on my pair, first ones came in dead on arrival :( 2nd pair were not what I was expecting, low markings, and blunt faces. So hopefully third times a charm, otherwise I'll throw in the towel. I'm way too picky about my designers! Lol

Hey LoganC, where did you order from? I saw this post the other day and looked the lightning maroons up, it was my first look into truly designer clowns. I don't know much about finding reputable breeders though. Local would be the coolest IMO, I know someone on here that bred clowns recently broke everything down. Anyone else around here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one locally breeds these, very few people actually breed clowns around here.

I breed a variety of designers, but don't have the lightnings yet. Not sure it's going to work out though, the vendor who I ordered from has been very unresponsive, and not really working with me like I was expecting him too. He said he was going to get me a pair I would be happy with and now he's just trying to pawn the only pair that came in on me. Very disappointed, now he's saying he has to wait for the funds to refund me, or sell the pair he ordered in for me so he can refund me, even though they weren't anything like we had discussed. I may mention who, eventually, but right now just waiting for a refund.

• 2 weeks later...

Can a girl just find some nice maroon clowns without the misbars and messed up markings? smile.png kidding (sort of)

Good luck with your pair. They appear to be hard to get to mate up. Hopefully yours have love at first sight.

Picked up a gorgeous pair of lightnings from the aquadome yesterday, already eating in quarantine!

And as messed up as their markings seem to so many people, the original was a wild caught female so it is a natural anomaly :)

post-2060-0-86297000-1450042623_thumb.jp

This is the one I'll be keeping, the other one is going to my little brothers tank. I also already ordered another pair from a different vendor bc the previous order never went through. Still waiting on a refund too.

post-2060-0-64149700-1450042870_thumb.jp

This ones going to my little brother, it has a little less white, but the same small holes. They should both develop awesome lightning patterns in time. They were trying to fight through bags on the drive home so they are separated in quarantine.

• 2 months later...

Got another pair of lightning maroons in yesterday from Matt Peterson, owner and breeder of the original lightnings. I got an ultra solid white, and a premium (two bars connected) ! So stoked on this pair :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived