True dried Laver algae

FarmerTy

In the most nerdy way, I an super stoked that I found dried laver. We're not talking about dried ulva that usually is the green substitute for laver, were talking porphyra umbilicalis, the purple algae!

My fish went nuts for it! It actually falls apart a bit easier than the dried green ulva that I only put in just a little at a time instead of 1/3 of a sheet like I usually do.

4722ba0bbe44b1c6ce8436430968dede.jpg

Han Yang Market

Near Airport Blvd/Lamar

Looks like it would make some interesting sushi rolls. Have you tried any? I'm assuming it's for humans being used for your fish.

I haven't actually tried any of it yet. The only way I like my seaweed is wrapped around a sushi roll and my sushi making skills are non-existent.

Looks like it would make some interesting sushi rolls. Have you tried any? I'm assuming it's for humans being used for your fish.

I haven't actually tried any of it yet. The only way I like my seaweed is wrapped around a sushi roll and my sushi making skills are non-existent.

Next you're gonna tell us that you can't Karate either.

Next you're gonna tell us that you can't Karate either.

No, but my abacus skills are fine-tuned! whistle.gif

Is this stuff more nutritious than the nori you find at the fish store?

I don't know about more nutritious but naso tangs prefer the red/purple varieties so I've been looking for this stuff all over the place. I can say dried is better than roasted for nutritional value.

When I was in Korea in the army on a joint exercise I found out the ROC Army had packets of the seaweed wrap in their MRE'S. They smelled so strong, just like the ocean to me, I couldn't eat them!

Archived