What The Fish?!

o0zarkawater

Any educated guesses on what this guy is?

I've had him for a couple years and don't get to see him much.

This is the best pic I've got of him. Recently since we moved into the 185, he has been coming out more. But still swims away when I try to snap a pic.

I have a few guesses, but want to see what the experts think before I mention what I've been told.

post-1199-0-95695400-1440699997_thumb.jp

I am sticking with grouper due to the dorsal spines, large mouth, large lips, large scales, and bass shaped head. Growth can be stunted if it isn't getting large food items.

Speaking of which, have you had any smaller fish disappear?

It a Blue Devil my mentor have one that is almost 8 inch long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The colour is a little different than the google images but I am going to have to agree with you that it is a blue devil. It has the same body and fin shape along with the dorsal spines.

It a Blue Devil my mentor have one that is almost 8 inch long

The colour is a little different than the google images but I am going to have to agree with you that it is a blue devil. It has the same body and fin shape along with the dorsal spines.

When it get older it he will turn all dark blue , there 2 types of blue devil I know there one that is just all dark blue and one that is dark blue with bright blue poke dots

Nice.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/Plesiops-coeruleolineatus-crimsontip-longfin-245797

Here is pretty much the exact fish, but other than this listing from who knows how long ago, I can't find this type of fish posted anywhere else.

Seems a very uncommon fish.

Jestep! That's a much prettier version for sure.

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/11/17/male-plesiops-coeruleolineatus/

Vincent - Yeah, I thought that a while back, but definitely not the case. I've already had this guy for a couple years and he isn't getting anywhere near as big as Bay's.

Just thought I would throw some pics of this guy out there and see what you guys came up with.

Carry on.