Palytoxin

CJohnson

Today after fragging some zoas I feel light headed and my heart rate is up. I know Palytoxin is nothing to mess with but what are your guys experiences with this. Have you ever felt this after handling zoas?

I feel fine now and i used all my safety equipment and I was careful. I took a shower and got a lot of fluids in me and I feel fine now. But I would like other people to see this and maybe it will help them out if they see other peoples experiences. It helped me out going on different forums and figuring out what to do.

If you legit have Palytoxin poisoning you'd best get to the ER. It's nothing to mess with.

That being said, light headed and fast heart rate can happen from lots of things... So unless you somehow inhaled / ingested it or got it in your blood through exposed wounds, it's probably something else.

The most common complication of palytoxin poisoning is rhabdomyolysis. This involves skeletal muscle breakdown and the leakage of intracellular contents into the blood plasma.[39] Other symptoms associated with palytoxin poisoning in humans are characterized by a bitter/metallic taste, abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, mild to acute lethargy, paresthesia, bradycardia, renal failure, impairment of sensation, muscle spasms, tremor myalgia, cyanosis, and respiratory distress.

However, I'm in no way in the medical profession and all of my knowledge on this topic comes from the internet, so you should probably not listen to anything I've typed here.

If you legit have Palytoxin poisoning you'd best get to the ER. It's nothing to mess with.

That being said, light headed and fast heart rate can happen from lots of things... So unless you somehow inhaled / ingested it or got it in your blood through exposed wounds, it's probably something else.

The most common complication of palytoxin poisoning is rhabdomyolysis. This involves skeletal muscle breakdown and the leakage of intracellular contents into the blood plasma.[39] Other symptoms associated with palytoxin poisoning in humans are characterized by a bitter/metallic taste, abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, mild to acute lethargy, paresthesia, bradycardia, renal failure, impairment of sensation, muscle spasms, tremor myalgia, cyanosis, and respiratory distress.

However, I'm in no way in the medical profession and all of my knowledge on this topic comes from the internet, so you should probably not listen to anything I've typed here.

I've read that peoples dogs and cats have died and they have been sick for days but survived without going to a doctor. Im sure I only got a small bit in a cut on my hand when I was taking off my gloves ( I cut my hand while I was putting up fence post) but it wasn't enough to hurt me. I also got a metallic taste in my mouth after handling them.

The only symptom I have ever had was the metallic taste in my mouth and that was usually from Texas Trash Palys that ooze a load of slime when you mess with them. Unfortunately I have to say I haven't learned my lesson yet have had that taste several times... They are now gone from my tanks. But I do have others that have given me that wonderful taste as well.

The only symptom I have ever had was the metallic taste in my mouth and that was usually from Texas Trash Palys that ooze a load of slime when you mess with them. Unfortunately I have to say I haven't learned my lesson yet have had that taste several times... They are now gone from my tanks. But I do have others that have given me that wonderful taste as well.

Does your breathing ever seem labored? mine is right now I thought this was over guess not.

Archived