LarryD's ten gallon upgrade

LarryD

I agree selling off the livestock in the 10g is the way to go. Having a major time crunch while moving is never fun, especially cross country. After moving my 30 g freshwater tank from Dallas to Leander I don't think I would do it again.

Isn't Yuma is pretty close to San Diego? I've always heard good things about the fish stores down there. I'm sure they have a salt water community forum there as well (not that I want you to leave us smile.png ).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god the imaginary audience is talking back. But ya all joking aside I really don't want to have to move everything, I am sure I could keep everything alive but then I would not have a sweet excuse to upgrade. Yuma is 2-3 hours away from San Diego so that is probably where I will go for my saltwater fix and there is a local forum inn San Diego but when I looked it appeared to mostly be for sale stuff and adds I did not see a whole lot of obvious discussion.

:please: Help! The end is near! :grin:

So close

Sorry to hear about the micromussa. I've got two in my tank and currently one is happy and the other is not. They are basically sitting side by side. Go figure ...

I am bummed about it because it was a gorgeous piece with bright green feeding tentacles.

I am amused by the fact that it takes me making fun of the fact that no one posts on my thread to get people to post.

It might just be because I spent the last five years getting an ME degree but one of the things I am most excited about with the thought of doing a new build is figuring out how best to keep as much heat out of the tank as possible since I will want to keep the cooling bill down in the middle of the desert. So far I have settled on LED lights and an external return pump (possibly a vectra) and a manifold to reduce on reactor pumps. I am also probably going to go with an open top tank with a screen lid to keep the fish in for easy evaporative cooling and gas exchange.

• 2 weeks later...

So sad day for the LarryD ten gallon tank, in preparation for the impending move I broke down the tank and sold off the livestock. But do not fret for there is an utter lack of reefer forum for Yuma so once I get settled I will start a new build thread here for the next exciting reefing adventure. I am not real sure what I will do but I think there is a 65 gallon tank in my future.

Sad day, but I am sure you will be glad you did it in the long run. Good luck with the move, I look forward to seeing your new build thread! :crab:

Ya this will make the coming months much less stress full. As for my next build I already have some things planned out for it but I can't decide what kind of fish I would want, I am going to go with a mixed reef probably heavy on softies and lps but I am at a loss for fish. Luckily I have time.

Archived