Is it okay to add more liverock?

YeetPopper

It's been a while since I've posted. crab.gif If I add about 15 more lbs. of liverock to my 65 gallon, will my nitrates skyrocket? I currently only have 47 lbs. I do not have any fish, but just a few LPS.

Thanks

If it's quality wild or maricutured live rock that has been quarantined for a month youshold not have any problems and it would add beneficial sponges. If you are just adding live rock that has added bactrial I wouldn't bother. If you are wanting to add to your aquascaping I would just use some well rinsed limestone.

I always followed the 10% rule on dry rock. No more than 10% of the total weight of existing live rock and no ill effects. If the live rock is good and clean like Tim mentioned then go for it.

Are you adding for aesthetic reasons or do you think you need the additional filtration. I'm personally running with about 20# total for more than 100 gallons of total volume and don't have any problem with biological filtration.

Are you adding for aesthetic reasons or do you think you need the additional filtration. I'm personally running with about 20# total for more than 100 gallons of total volume and don't have any problem with biological filtration.

Yes I thought I would need for extra filtration. I guess 47lbs might be enough, but I am really leaning towards 5 more pounds.

Archived