metal poisoning

ceastman

So I think I found why some things on the right side of my tank have been unhappy for the last couple of days. I just found a piece of metal that comes from the underside of the frozen food when you pop it out of the little ice cube containers. I removed the metal and started carbon, anything else I can do to get things back to normal? How much of a water change?

That metal has got to be aluminum foil. I don't think you'll have an issue with metals but if you want to be proactive, I'd just run some of the filter media that removes metals (can get at Fish Gallery and I believe RCA, but not sure)... the name escapes me right now.

Also, cuprisorb removes copper and also some other metals as well if you want to try that.

Ty is referring to poly bio filter pad

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_viewitem.aspx?idproduct=PB1111&child=PB1111&utm_source=adwordsfroogle&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=adwordsfroogle&utm_content=PB1111&gclid=CjwKEAjw1KGqBRC55bru-sa7zCcSJAAxsBf5yWEmOw7KHRwAUKPkLDFhBZO_cRbmCLMU8rIbxnX1rxoCe5_w_wcB

Although I can't imagine that that little piece of aluminum foil made much of an impact.

Maybe run poly bio pad and 10% WC just proactively

hmm ok, could it be my tiger shrimp digging into my deep sand bed? it just seems odd that things on the right side of the tank (where the tiger shrimp is) don't seems as happy as things on the left side.

Archived