Any cyclists here?

Dan H

Not the vroom vroom, the pedal type?

I'm an avid roadie, done lots of racing over the years, but I'm not on my best form right now. I'm a USAC cat 3, but probably not so much anymore. My buddies and I formed VooDoo Racing a few years ago, and now it's actually a pretty good sized team with a lot of success.

I also have found mountain biking to be extremely fun. I started getting into it to spice up the ride schedule, and now I just love it! I generally look at MTN as fun, and road for fitness. However it's still fun, just more in the self-punishment sort of way.

I was for a little while but would really like to get back into it. I never raced or anything just rode for fun. I do mountain bike on occasion but have not been out in a while, I really enjoyed it. Hopefully I can bike on the road here in the near future.

Well, if anyone is looking for a ride buddy, let me know.

The racing is fun but it requires too much commitment. When I was competitive I was riding about 12-20 hours/week. It started becoming a job rather than fun.

I used to dedicate the first half of my saturday to riding when I had a lower quantity of children. I'd try to get in 30-50 miles on a good weekend. Riding in Texas in the summer generally entails starting your ride in pitch darkness.

Grew up in Colorado so used to mountain bike a ton, and raced up to sport class, I believe the same as current cat 3. I'm a physiological tragedy when it comes to VO2 potential so have always been much better at less aerobic sports like climbing.

So busy and with other hobbies, rock climbing, paintball, traveling, owning a house, reef tank, I hardly make it out anymore.

Archived