Is this good or bad?

They come out when I feed. I think they live in the sand. The first photo has two of them. The large one is to the left of the clown and the smaller baby is to the right of the clown. Second photo is only the larger one. The fringe floats in the current. The what I think is the head sweeps in a left and right motion.

Your looking for the brown stringy things.

Any idea? Good or bad? They are obviously reproducing.

post-3526-0-62690000-1425921514_thumb.jp

post-3526-0-18914000-1425921527_thumb.jp

+1 on the Cirratulids after looking it up. I think I have seen some in my tanks in the past, but have never seen any harm come from them, they're just a bit ugly. Mine have simply disappeared over time, but others may have had problems with them. I would be interested to learn if and how they cause any damage.

If it is indeed a Cirratulid, I don't see the harm in them. I have them all over my tank substrate and they do a good job of assimilating the fish poop and food that falls on the sandbed.

Certain species of them burrow into corals...so to me....out

I've had them pop up on corals and in the middle of zoa colonies. I used to see them all over the glass and burrowing in the sand. They stay in the same spot for a few days and make everything mad until they move on. I had previously thought them to be spaghetti worms until today. My Melanurus Wrasse ate them all within a week or so.

Yup that is what it is. They haven't caused any damage that I know of. Their population seems to be remaining stable. Thanks

The majano are about to meet the brûlée torch. Hope it works. I have tried injecting, shrimp and nothing's worked yet. I want to be sure none make it to the big tank. I plan to torch, soak in bucket of tank water, transfer to another bucket of tank water then back to original tank. See if they come back.

I haven't decided if I am going to seed the new tank with my sand or not. It has a lot of life. Trying to decide if the benefit is worth it.

Bristle worms will be meeting an orchid dottyback for population control.

Anyone know of good population control for the small between dime and quarter, black with white stripes brittle stars? I think mine might be choking some of my zoas. Probably just my imagination. I welcome any ideas.

While I'm asking questions... Anybody know why my Duncan's who I have had for almost a year decided yesterday was the day for his face/mouth to fall offf? Crazy, it has been pigging out the whole face is still looking great. I am tempted to feed it. Just wondering why? Is it a trace element I don't know about. There is nothing torn, it was sitting beside the skeleton. Happy as can be. I know it is not good. Is it possible it is reproducing.i would think it would have looked unhappy before it just bailed like that. My frogspawn did the same thing about 3 months ago and so did my trumpet 8 months ago. However my LPS bubble coral and torch corals are fine.

Thanks,

Lara

The best thing I've tried for Majanos and Aiptasia is an insulin needle full of peroxide. Stab it in the mouth or stalk base and shoot. Some people say to use boiling hot water, but I haven't tried it. One surefire way to kill it is a syringe of Methyl Blue if you have some handy.

Archived