i am new here and this is my story

RonTheGuy

From about age 14 to 18 I had freshwater tanks did discus and raised an arrowana to 22 inches. Starting age 16 I Worked part-time for a fish store ... tex's tropical fish in long beach Calif. Tex's was one of the first importers of saltwater fish to So. California in 1970. The fish store wholesaled to other stores doing saltwater. I saw a lot of sea life early in the hobby... anybody had a sea snake? We did! In college I worked a couple of summers servicing aquariums in restaurants, CEO offices, and wealthy homes. Then in the nineties I got a smaller 55 and did saltwater fish for a few years. now a few years ago I moved to austin and re setup the 55, in the last 6 months I picked up 40 gallon with coral and a chiller. my slender wife will have the house as high as 82 in the summer, go figure, so a chiller is a good idea. Last week I got this acrylic 100 gallon with lifereef wet dry and matching skimmer which I merged the 55 to. Also A couple of months ago I bought a 150 gallon glass oceanic on a Custom 1700 dollar solid maple tall stand ... like 750lbs heavy it sits in the garage for my wife to decide ;-) what I can keep and put where in her house. Anyway nice to find ARC... look forward to the next meeting.

Archived