DI media question

MantaFan

Hey everyone... I'm still having issues with high PO4 in my DI effluent so looking to try something new. I have a coralife DI unit that only takes proprietary canisters that are $30 each.

What is your experience with bulk DI resin in a refillable canister vs the one-time use mixed-bed DI cartridge? The former is much cheaper...

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always used BRS's bulk color changing DI but switched last year to BRS's single use bags so its always fresh. I was curious after your original post so I tested my RODI water for PO4 using my Hanna checker and found it to be at 0.00 ppm. At that point about 200 gallons had gone thru that DI resin.

I run a BRS dual DI resin with TDS meter on the in and out and buy the single use DI resin packets from BRS. I let the first can of resin get completely yellow and start just ever so slightly into the second can. Then I replace the resin in the first can and put it in the location of the second can and move the used second can into the first position. That way I always have fresh resin as my final stage.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input guys! I've been getting 0.05 ppm PO4 out of my current setup... I can buy the BRS setup for a little more than the cost of one DI cartridge for my coralife... Ready to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk