How long without skimmer?

jolt

It's a Nac3.5, I don't think there is a sicce option.

The impeller comes out fine, and the magnetic shaft is still firmly attached. Reburn told me to check that it was not slipping, which is what I was referring to.

I do weekly 5% water changes :)

Looks like upgrading to the sp1000 pump from the atman is your best bet. Did your skimmer have the atman?

https://seasideaquatics.com/parts/bubble-magus-sp1000-skimmer-pump-p-33.html?zenid=1a38856c516d3dca6b2999a9c9a62c7a

Bigsby,

I just called Jim and told him to check the impeller to make sure it was firmly attached to the magnet. My tunze 9002 stopped skimming and I messed with it for hours. Pump would come on and and spin without the impeller and the impeller was good but it wouldn't move water. After hours I figured out that the plastic cap that held the impeller to the magnet had enough tension to not fall off but the magnet was free spinning in the impeller housing. Some superglue and 5 minutes later it was spinning. I was just trying to save Jim hours of trouble shooting.

Yeah it is the atman. Unfortunately seaside aquatics does not offer expedited shipping so it would be a long wait ..

Thanking about running down to petco to pick up the Reef Octopus 110-Int they have in stock. Gets pretty good reviews on BRS and MarineDepot ....

Yea the reef octopus was my first choice for my frag tank build I was going to go with the 150int. They build good stuff and I know of a couple members that are really happy with their reef octopus. Their pumps are known to fail too though on the otp and halmeda (spelling) pumps. The Aqua trance pumps that they are shipping with now are much better.

Archived