Reusing carx media

Bpb

What are y'all's thoughts on reusing calcium reactor media. Just picked up an aquamaxx nano hob carx and it came full of media but hasn't been used in a while. If I rinsed the media real well in RODI what are the thoughts on using it? Or should buy new? It looks like arm fine media. Resembles crushed coral substrate. Also came with 1/2 gallon unused

Seems like it would be fine if you wash it in RODI. I also feel like you would bake it afterward to 225. Just seems like any unwanted bacteria and organisms would die from one or the other. The baking is probably not needed but I'm just weird about things that came out of other people's tanks that I know they were breaking down and probably neglecting.

I am going to toss it for the sole purpose that I need to order other stuff. My spare ph probe is dead, fails calibration every time. Dried out too long. I also need to get a bubble counter for the regulator. I may as well throw in a little media as well. This calcium reactor is kind of tiny. About the size of a TLF phosban reactor... Which speaking of, I will be using as an effluent chamber with a little DIY time. Essentially all I need are barb converters that fit the existing tubing to reduce down to airline tubing. This reactor also came with fine media. Having never closely inspected it before, I think the previous owner may have just used crushed coral. It literally looks like bagged cc substrate. Complete with dwarf cerith shells and crushed clam/mussel/oyster shell fragments. I'm gonna go with the arm course instead. See my build thread soon I'm gonna need a lot of help getting this running. Almost wanting to back out now and cut my losses. Afraid to nuke the tank in the changeover/fine tuning process

Who runs copper in a display tank?

Ever looked for something on Craigslist? There are more idiots out there than successful reefers.

I met a girl at work that has a "reef" tank. She told me she was thinking of quitting because she's tired of picking bristleworms out of her rocks with tweezers every month. I'm not kidding, she pulls every rock out every month and manually removes worms. She also told me that she doses calcium so that her xenia will grow faster. She said she doses bacteria every month so that it stays in the tank. I was like hmm.png until she told me about her state of the art fluorescent lights, then I was like blink.png

• Like 1