WTB Hanna Checkers

Nutz4Fish

Mg checker does not exist. Any analytes with titrations have to have a modified method to work with a photometer. The titration for alkalinity is really simple, and hanna used an alternative method to make it work with their HC checkers. Mg and calcium are both multistep titrations that don't really work well IMO for photometry. Case-in-point is their calcium checker.

I do have a Ca checker I could sell you if you wanted to give it a go. But like the others say, I'm not a big fan of it.

Is it even close?

Why is everyone so against it.

Just wondering

I bought ALK and Phospate and I really like te ease of use.

Are you located in Bryan I dont see how we can meet unless you come this way

Mg checker does not exist. Any analytes with titrations have to have a modified method to work with a photometer. The titration for alkalinity is really simple, and hanna used an alternative method to make it work with their HC checkers. Mg and calcium are both multistep titrations that don't really work well IMO for photometry. Case-in-point is their calcium checker.

For the reasons Victoly mentioned. You can Google it pretty easy to read more on the subject if wanted but that sums it up pretty nicely.

To answer the question simply. It's neither accurate to the true ppm in the tank and it's not consistent. You can perform the test 3 times and get 3 very different readings. You can't dose or adjust dosing when you have no faith that your testing equipment is giving you consistent results.

Archived