How should I mix in the saltwater?

YeetPopper

Quick Question:

When I am putting water in my 65 g tank some time this week, is it that much more beneficial to mix in the salt and water in a bucket before pouring it in? What will be the disadvantages if I add salt to the full volume of water in my tank? I do not have any clean containers that will hold more than a gallon of water to store water in to mix it with salt. I am thinking about running my RO/DI water straight into the tank, then adding salt once it is filled up. There will be power heads running, and water will be circulating through the sump.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks ahead of time!

Jarrett

For the initial fill up just running your RO/DI straight to the tank then adding salt is fine (just don't forget and overfill your system, that tends to generate adverse reactions from the powers that be). You will definitely need clean 3 or 5 gallon buckets sooner or later though. Some options for free buckets are getting empties from bakeries or restaurants. I've been getting pickle buckets from BBQ places for years and it takes a while for the pickle smell to dissipate but I've never had problems with them.

For the initial fill up just running your RO/DI straight to the tank then adding salt is fine (just don't forget and overfill your system, that tends to generate adverse reactions from the powers that be). You will definitely need clean 3 or 5 gallon buckets sooner or later though. Some options for free buckets are getting empties from bakeries or restaurants. I've been getting pickle buckets from BBQ places for years and it takes a while for the pickle smell to dissipate but I've never had problems with them.

Alright thanks haha! I just had to make sure. That's a smart idea too.

Archived