WTB: Acrylic Rods

semperfimarine1

im starting up a new 110g rr tank and i wanna try something different.

i thought about doing the foam rocks but idk changed my mind. i was looking over on maast on some thread builds and noticed some people using acrylic rods and making "towers" sorta and i wanna try and doing that.

question is, where in austin can i go and buy some of those rods so i can get my project going??? :o

im starting up a new 110g rr tank and i wanna try something different.

i thought about doing the foam rocks but idk changed my mind. i was looking over on maast on some thread builds and noticed some people using acrylic rods and making "towers" sorta and i wanna try and doing that.

question is, where in austin can i go and buy some of those rods so i can get my project going??? :o

Check with Soonerfan - he did that in his tank and it looks perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know really if they make THAT big a difference... but i have a dsb, deeper than it was...theres definately more flow under the rocks than there would have been otherwise.... still getting my flow right though as i have a dead spot under there in one place and its hard to balance without the sandshifting...

i made them after my tank was set up...it would be a lot easier to do it before

my hifin banded goby loves it though as do my shrimp... but its not the be all and end all

i have a differentidea formy new tank build that im working on though...

Archived