Going to Houston and the going to the beach, where to go?

lenver

So I wanted to see if I could get some advice, taking the family to Houston on Saturday and want to go to the gulf on Sunday, where is a good place to take them, you know family thing, and if there is something interesting where I can see some aquatic life that would be awesome, specially if I could catch them, but not necessarily.

Matagora Beach is a loooooong 90 + miles from Houston. Galveston Island is only 50. If you have never been there it is great for families. Lots to do. A great boardwalk and lots of historic buildings and many resturants. A great aquarium Moody Gardens and way too much to see in a weekend. Should GOOGLE it for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what part of houston you will be in but the Kemah Boardwalk is always a great place to take the family. They got rides and restaurants out the wazoo and its about 30 min closer to houston then galveston. Got a cool place to eat called the aquarium with a few super huge fish tanks