What happened here?

Manny

Should definitely recover. I had one that fell into an acan and there was literally only a few millimeters of tissue left and it recovered and is adding new heads again.

Any fish that would nip it. Could also be a shrimp, crab, or some pest that you haven't seen.

Should definitely recover. I had one that fell into an acan and there was literally only a few millimeters of tissue left and it recovered and is adding new heads again.

Any fish that would nip it. Could also be a shrimp, crab, or some pest that you haven't seen.

+1 had mine fall into a favia and i thought it was a goner.

I wouldn't worry too much, chances are it will fully recover!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see that happen periodicly with a lot of stuff, for whatever reason my tricolor frogspawn exhibits a single polyp dieoff about once a year when the other varieties I have it happens only rarely and almost always have some event associated with it like mentioned above. You do want to keep an eye on it over the next few days. As pointed out the other polyps are quite happy and it should recover just fine but it is possible for a brown jelly infection to take hold and that is something you would want to treat by dipping right away. I would NOT dip it now as the other polyps are all doing well and dipping would only stress them out uncessessarily in my opinion.

Archived