Attention all plusrite or other budget brand 20k MH users

kingjames

I have been using plusrite bulbs and other budget brand bulbs for my Mh/Hqi lamps for years and while they all do a good job at growing any kind of coral, every single one i have used that said was rated at 20k spectrum, was more of a 12k to me with more of a greenish tint then a blue! That being said i purchased what i thought would be another budget bulb that would need heavy atinic supplemtation to get the 20k look i am going for and really makes my coral POP! I purchased the ODESSEA 150W DE 20K HQI BULBS off of amazon for $12.99 a piece and boy was i wrong about these bulbs TRUE 20k look, and to me these need no atinic supplements at all. Def worth giving a try and also very cheap compared to bigger brand bulbs..JMO thought i would put the word out there since i thought i would never find a bulb at the right price that would give me the look i wanted....ill post pics of them later when im home

Totally agree on the color. I needed a lot of actinic / blue led's to get anywhere near a 14K let alone a 20K spectrum. I've used some odessea products in the past which I was not impressed with, but if the bulbs can make it a year they should be solid.

I have only given them two weeks so far, but the initial color was flawless and accurate on both bulbs i bought, which has never happened with any other cheap bulbs even when turned on for the first time!! But your absolutely right about the longevity

I'd love to try the plusrite bulbs, but the fact that I run m80 ballasts, I'd need to replace them every 3-4 months because of how much they'd be over driven. Cost would end up being a wash vs radiums

Archived