Devastated!!!

kingjames

Some how my gfo reactor got ramped waaaay up and some how leaked alooioot of gfo into my tank... I think yellow death described my facial expression when I saw it...:(

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys really appreciate the feed back....only loss so far is a yellow tail damsel and corals are really pissed.. Stuck them all in some seasoned saltwater from my buddies tank, and have about 30 gallons of fresh saltwater made gonna be a long night lesson learned once again lol

post-2595-140833689195_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys really appreciate the feed back....only loss so far is a yellow tail damsel and corals are really pissed.. Stuck them all in some seasoned saltwater from my buddies tank, and have about 30 gallons of fresh saltwater made gonna be a long night lesson learned once again lol

more of a scare then initially thought, but the damage was done and there was no getting around breaking eveything down and having to clean every single piece of equipment and throw away all substrate...to be honest if it wasnt for a good reefer buddy of mine who went out of his way at 9pm last night to help me out i think it could of been alot worse because at the time i found my tank in this condition every lfs was closed and i had no where near enough salt and RO to get everything out and cleaned as fast as i did... Big shout out to Chris (chris67stang)...only coral i lost so far was a nice sized forrest fire digi, no stn/rtn of any acros yet so far...now my only concern is that i litterally took out 95% of my current water and only have fresh made saltwater, would it be ok to put my tank back together coral and fish and rock, with this new saltwater or will it be too much of a shock to everthing? All livestock is in quarantine at the moment and i was planning to put everthing back together tonight after work!

That's good to hear and kudos to Chris for helping save your livestock. We have good people on this club!

I think as long as you rinsed the live rock with saltwater to remove the gfo debris and never let it dry out, you can essentially put new sand in (rinse it well!), dose some bacteria, and add your new water, live rock, and corals back into the tank. You'll probably get a mini-cycle from the sand but I'd imagine most will survive that.

Sent via Tapatalk

Archived