Red Sea Reef Foundation ABC+ or another item?

rockstarwiggle

Does anyone here have experience using the Red Sea ABC+?

I am looking to start a maintenance program with a good kit just to maintain the levels along with the water changes?

My CA is 400, Alk is at 8 and Mg is 1400.

I think the Carribsea Calcium bottle i won at a meeting is working and Mrs. Wages Pickling lime as well. I am almost out of the calcium bottle and finishing up the Mrs. Wages.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Ideas?

MARK

I don't know much about the Red Sea program though I do think very highly of their vitamin and amino acids mix, Reef Energy. I think a lot of people use the BRS 2-part and have had great success.

Sent via Tapatalk

If youre gonna do 2 part style dosing (which ABC uses) its hard to beat BRS 2 part in terms of value. You do have to mix it yourself, but youre paying for water weight when you buy b-ionic or any of the other pre-mix dosing regimes.

Another vote for 2 part, BRS or otherwise. With some ebay peristaltic pumps and a timer, you can get stable Ca and Alk and don't have to mess with any other additive. Water changes account for the other elements.

As far as test kits go, I've been happy with:

Alkalinity - hanna meter

Calcium - salifert

Phosphate - hanna phosphorus ultra low

Magnesium - salifert

I've used tons of different kits, and this is the set that I've ended up happiest with.