Quieter return pump recommendation

Bpb

So the tank upgrade has gone well, but one immediate complaint is the noise. The hum from the pumps is irritating. I'm using the sicce syncra 3.0 as the reactor pump for the BRS dual reactor and the tlf 150, and a MJ4000 for the main retun. The sicce is fairly quiet, manageable, but this mj is louder than a mag drive. I'm even using the rubber feet and silicone tubing. I'd like to run a single pump to achieve 400 gph or so at 5 foot head, as well as power the reactors. I'm guessing something in the 800-1000 gph range would do it. Considering a syncra 4.0, but curious if anyone has any recommendation for something in similar price or performance range.

Interested possibly in a dc pump but don't know much about them. I'd like to stay under $200 if possible and be happy to hear any other things I could try to shut this hum up.

The eheim hobby and eheim compact+ pumps have always been great for me. I use the compact+ pumps on my current and last tank and haven't had the slightest problem with them. I used the 2000+ on my 50 gallon and the 3000+ on my 90.

I've heard really good things about the Jebao DC pumps as well.

• Like 1

Eco + pond pumps are pretty good. I have used them on all my saltwater tanks so far cept a fish holding system which I used a reeflow snapper (kinda loud).

http://eastwesthydro.com/hydroponics/pumps-irrigation/ecoplus/ecoplus-1267-gph-submersible-pump-6-cs-728325?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=product-feed

That seems like a solid pump. Looking into the eeheim 1262. It's pricey but the reputation is stellar. Eheim seems like one of those brands you can't go wrong with. How's the noise level on your 1260?

That seems like a solid pump. Looking into the eeheim 1262. It's pricey but the reputation is stellar. Eheim seems like one of those brands you can't go wrong with. How's the noise level on your 1260?

i don't know that mine makes any noise. if i open the stand i hear the water moving through the sump. only time i get a noise slightly related to the pump is when one of the hoses touches the sump and vibrates.

I have the ehiem 1262 i had it on a freshwater tank for about 5 years and now it's on my 65g reef for almost a year. It never made noise till I tried usin it to pump out sandy water and the impeller magnet is all scratched up. I would never use another brand im super happy only complaint is the impeller cost like 90 to replace

I didn't have room in my sump so had to use the compact but the hobby pumps are probably the best submersible pump you can buy. As long at the impeller doesn't get jammed or messed up, they could last 20+ years.

I have a Mag18 that has been running for 3 yrs without any cleaning nor problems. It is in an enclosed caninet and I never hear any nouse from it. I did put a small pad under it to eliminate vibrations.