Wth is growing on my snail

Makena95GT

Toss out my snail? :(:(:(

Sounds evil. Poor snail disnt do anything.

Possible to remive snail.. and scrub his shell in another container of water.. rinse well.. and put him back?

Not sure. I mean I already had three "heads" of this on one of my rocks that I havent touched because I wasnt sure what to do. That might be where this one came from. Cause i swear it wasnt there yesterday. Or when I got the snail.

This is true. Rock ill toss. Thats no big deal. But killing a snail that was only "in the wrong place at the wrong time" sounds pretty effed up.

Bleh.

Poor little dude didnt do anything but his job.

I know im not going to toss a living creature in the trash to suffer a slow and painful death. Thats for **** sure.

I never said you had to throw him in the trash, that was you, since you had to resort to this kind of language I'll let you be and you can do whatever you want

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

-.-'

It wasnt intended to be an insult or anything of that matter. If i would have said darn sure.. would you feel better about it?

Dont be so sensitive.

You said "toss it.. throw it out"

Sounds a heck of a lot like "in the trash" to me. Sorry if I understood that wrong.

Hmmmhmmmmm.

Maybr just before I do anything like that I'll see about getting a peppermint shrimp. Almost got one the other day.

Itll be an experiment. Im 50/50 on whether my Pistol will attack and eat it. Guess we'll see

What about taking the snail out of the tank and scrubbing his shell with peroxide on a toothbrush? Or maybe turn him over and dip the shell in peroxide, rinse, return. I have no experience with this, I'm just trying to think of snail friendly iradication techniques.

You don't have a sump, do you? If you did, you could just let them clean water there.

looks more like a hydroid. Slather superglue on the offending hitch-hiker... Otherwise you'll be dealing with a serious problem. All tanks experience hydroids at some point, either in a minor infestation, or major infestation. Cut back your light and feeding cycle, rub superglue on the snail shell (it'll look ugly, but wont kill the snail). If its not a hydroid, if it is ACTUALLY aiptasia, then you do -not- want to use a peppermint shrimp. It -will- spread, requiring you to keep a peppermint shrimp at all times. My advice is to use superglue to entomb it. You should only resort to a peppermint shrimp if the infestation spreads. Pepp's keep it under control, they do -not- solve the problem. Your only course of action is to act now, before it becomes a larger issue.

looks more like a hydroid. Slather superglue on the offending hitch-hiker... Otherwise you'll be dealing with a serious problem. All tanks experience hydroids at some point, either in a minor infestation, or major infestation. Cut back your light and feeding cycle, rub superglue on the snail shell (it'll look ugly, but wont kill the snail). If its not a hydroid, if it is ACTUALLY aiptasia, then you do -not- want to use a peppermint shrimp. It -will- spread, requiring you to keep a peppermint shrimp at all times. My advice is to use superglue to entomb it. You should only resort to a peppermint shrimp if the infestation spreads. Pepp's keep it under control, they do -not- solve the problem. Your only course of action is to act now, before it becomes a larger issue.

Sounds like a plan. I appreciate advise that isnt immediately resorting to drastic measures

Archived