Aptasia taking over

halo_demo

Hi everyone. I have a problem, and in a 5gal tank, it's a huge problem. I have tried a peppermint shrimp, attacking them with lemon juice, and peroxide. No luck. Does anyone have anything that could help me eliminate or at least cut down on these pests?

Thanks. I will have to try aptasia x. I was holding off on chemical treatment, but I think I probably did more damage using home remedies.. and the aptasia wasn't even bothered by them.I may try the hot water trick tomorrow. At least that shouldn't throw my parameters off..

I hear you can also take a turkey baster and fill it with pure Vinegar solution and blast them directly. It's supposed to do the trick (although, luckily, I haven't had the infestation yet)

I battled them for two whole years and lost miserably, having hundreds take over my 55 gallon. Tried everything I could, peroxide, lemon juice, vinegar, boiling water, aiptasia x, peppermints. Ultimately. All chemical means only encouraged them to spread. Eventually I finally just got a batch of peppermints that worked. I don't know if there simply weren't enough aiptasia in the past, or if it's a sourcing issue, or what, because two previous batches never touched them, but recently I purchased a new batch, from the same store, and 3 peppermints cleared the tank of several hundred aiptasia in a couple weeks. They say they're hit or miss. Agree entirely, but rest assured, they will hit if you get the right batch

I battled them for two whole years and lost miserably, having hundreds take over my 55 gallon. Tried everything I could, peroxide, lemon juice, vinegar, boiling water, aiptasia x, peppermints. Ultimately. All chemical means only encouraged them to spread. Eventually I finally just got a batch of peppermints that worked. I don't know if there simply weren't enough aiptasia in the past, or if it's a sourcing issue, or what, because two previous batches never touched them, but recently I purchased a new batch, from the same store, and 3 peppermints cleared the tank of several hundred aiptasia in a couple weeks. They say they're hit or miss. Agree entirely, but rest assured, they will hit if you get the right batch

I want to try peppermint shrimp, but due to the small tank size, I can only add 1 maybe 2 max.. I hope they are a hit

it took my about tree trys with peps to get rid of apitsa, everytime i would put one in my tank it would disapear and no apistia would disappear, finally on the third try, the shrimp disappeared, but two days later there was not one apistasia in sight, still havnt seen the peppermint shrimp, but it did the job lol

Lol somehow I missed the 5 gallon tank part. Buy a new piece of matured rock and remove the bad one. Problem solved for less money than peppermints would cost

• Like 1