215 upgrade build

Robb in Austin

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck on your next phase, the fish look healthy and active from what I can see in the photo.

Thanks. I've been fortunate in that all the fish have been doing great. I have noticed some very mild coral growth too. One of my RBTAs has tripled in size in the last 2 months which is a good thing.

At this point, I'm just going to get back into the WC routine, let the system settle a bit longer and then start adding some corals.

• 4 months later...

Update time!

We moved to Georgetown over the weekend. Moving a big tank is a royal PITA.

Everything went fairly smoothly. But. (You knew it was coming).

I lost half my fish. We had them all in a giant cooler (henceforth known as the Cooler of Death) that Cafe Racer Mike provided for the move and overnight after the tank got set back up. I put an air stone in there and a few rocks. Woke up the next day to much sadness.

Lost a male Clarkii that I've had since 2009, Mama's old sailfin tang I've had since ~2010, 3 anthias, starry blenny, and my splendid dottyback.

Update time!

We moved to Georgetown over the weekend. Moving a big tank is a royal PITA.

Everything went fairly smoothly. But. (You knew it was coming).

I lost half my fish. We had them all in a giant cooler (henceforth known as the Cooler of Death) that Cafe Racer Mike provided for the move and overnight after the tank got set back up. I put an air stone in there and a few rocks. Woke up the next day to much sadness.

Lost a male Clarkii that I've had since 2009, Mama's old sailfin tang I've had since ~2010, 3 anthias, starry blenny, and my splendid dottyback.

It is a shame you lost so many fish in the move.

What part of Georgetown did you end up in?

The good news is I was able to get a few replacements from LiveAquaria's DD. Got a kole tang, blonde naso, starry blenny, and a red serosa dottyback in bound. Now, to find a purple tang and some more anthias....

Larry; yep. It's sprouting quickly though. There was 1 house being built when we started looking at the end of May and there are now 5-6 that are going.

The good news is I was able to get a few replacements from LiveAquaria's DD. Got a kole tang, blonde naso, starry blenny, and a red serosa dottyback in bound. Now, to find a purple tang and some more anthias....

Larry; yep. It's sprouting quickly though. There was 1 house being built when we started looking at the end of May and there are now 5-6 that are going.

It is good that you are getting some replacement fish, I was always a fan of schooling fish when I was doing planted tanks but it seems like a lot of people with large saltwater tanks seem to neglect the schooling fish somewhat.

If you need any suggestions for restaurants and what not let me know, my family has lived here for quite some time.

Update time!

We moved to Georgetown over the weekend. Watching Chris/Mike/Dave Moving a big tank is exhausting.

Fixed that for you.

I was thinking rather than a Gtown reefers club, cuz that's just not necessary, we could do a tour of tanks up here sometime.

Get some of those South Austinites out of their comfort zones and see HOW WE DO!

Archived