H2O2

Dustin Pedretti

I have used tooth brushes to spot treat rock in killing undesirable micro/macro algae, as well as Aiptasia. Used straight, it is a powerful oxidizer. When I kill Aiptasia, I inject H2O2 with an insulin needle. It is instantaneous destruction of organics.

Patrick

Do you treat the complete tank or just individual rock in a dip? If the whole tank, I would be concerned about bacteria populations. What percentage concentrate do you use?

Whole tank. I have the same concerns about bacteria, so I add zeobac/eco labs bacteria several times per week.

My dosage is much less than recommended.

I will assume that you use the least concentrate at 3%. There are so many different ways to solve the same problem. I add either ChemiClean or Red Slime Out. Both are described as organic scavengers which, to me, means bacteria. When posting on another forum, I have an advisor for my biofiltration study thread that is a bonified pHd microbial scientist. He handle is Tibbsy and we often call him the "bug doctor". On a post to my thread, he explains the role that bacteria have in long term reefkeeping success with the phrase, "Microbial Overlords". I immediately quipped that the Martians In "War of the Worlds" would agree.

Laissez la bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

Archived