Apex display unit doesnt light up

would anyone of you have apex willing to plug in my apex display unit to see if it would light up. I just got a used set up from RC. Either pluged in eb8 or controller unit. My display wouldnt turn on or at least doesnt light up. I am trying to find out what is wrong. Seller told me he made sure everything worked before shipped out. i really appreciate it. Please text me 714-722-3326. TIA

i havent connect it to the network yet. this is new to me. what should i do if i connect to the network? i used work network to update the firmware but will try my network at home. is there an app that you connect me to apex using the computer thanks

Ian, i did connect the head unit to the eb8 using the provide usb cable. I plugged the display unit both ways to the head unit and switched to eb8 but no luck. Both status lights stay green on the head unit and eb8 as well. I waited about 5 mins each time as seller told me to wait till the whole thing booted. still no sigh of life

Same here, you are more than welcome. I am off wednesday and thursday and I am off this weekend. I am will be home around 7 tonight.

thanks guy for all your help. Contacted epex this morning to resolve this issue.

Ty, i would love to stop by at your place but it is out of my way home. let me see if i could stop by madsalt first on my way home since he is in leander which is a bit closer. If Madsalt didnt get this message before i leaving home from work. I will text you to let you know i will be on my way home. Madsalt will you be up for it tonite after 7pm. I can take the pump over for you to see it as well.

what does it mean when apex wanted me to send the result with this command?

http://apex/cgi-bin/abdump.cgi

I am using pc but i got error "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at apex." and internet explore gave me this " Internet Explorer cannot display thewebpage"

I understood if i use mac then i replace apex word with the ip address, but i am on pc. i got error above. thanks

Same here, you are more than welcome. I am off wednesday and thursday and I am off this weekend. I am will be home around 7 tonight.

thanks guy for all your help. Contacted epex this morning to resolve this issue.

Ty, i would love to stop by at your place but it is out of my way home. let me see if i could stop by madsalt first on my way home since he is in leander which is a bit closer. If Madsalt didnt get this message before i leaving home from work. I will text you to let you know i will be on my way home. Madsalt will you be up for it tonite after 7pm. I can take the pump over for you to see it as well.

When do you leave work, I am heading home now

So we found out that the display unit is bad. We also found out that you should never plug another head unit into your EB8s. How it merged both units together I do not know but it did. Considering my head unit was unplugged, and the EB8s do not have memory in them it caused quite a mess.

So after hours of reconfiguring and loading of old profiles, I think I have managed to get all of my stuff back in order. I just need to see my lights work on the schedule again and then I think I am good to go, whew!!

Archived