Rowa Phos vs High Capacity GFO (BRS)

sifuentes31

And in my tank I used Phosguard and within 5 days all my cyano is gone

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I ran Phosguard without a skimmer. I removed the Phosguard and the cyano didn't seem to get worse. After adding a skimmer, the cyano was gone within a week.

I agree with Ty. It seems like a product that needs more testing and research to back up its claims. Almost to good to be true. However, on my new tank I am tempted to try it out. I mean in this hobby what's $40 and a couple of weeks?

Phosguard became a never ending cycle for me. It would rapidly drop my phosphates killing the algae...that would then dissolve back into phosphates to strengthen more algae growth. I could see it it being used early to knock out algae, but it exhausted rapidly and it was difficult to tell when it needed to be refreshed. I found it was impossible to mange long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Others have had the same feedback about Chemical PO4 removal. Others have said that you have to remove it before it runs out or you'll run into this problem. My media was exhausting far too much for my taste and I didn't find it economical for the gain, if any. It could just be my tank though. I keep a medium to high bioload.

Did someone find something distinctive in its claims of been that much more efficient then gfo? All I have seen up to this point is hearsay and claims but no official evidence or research. Would love to use it but the lack of data makes me hesitant.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's all i read also no official data on the X4. But it's worth a shot at trying.

So i got into a discussion with some guy in San Antonio about both Rowa and GFO. He was so adamant about using Rowa Phos and didn't want to hear about anyone using anything else. For me i told him the HCGFO was better because that is what i have been using for 2+ years and has worked great for me . Still seemed like he didn't want to hear it. He also wanted to see studies done to show the effectiveness of the HCGFO. I just told him that that's what i've been using and it's worked great for me. So how do you guys feel about both and any Pros or Cons on using both of the products. Just curious....

I can't say anything about these two products because I haven't used them, but I have used Phosguard. It didn't do anything in my tank in the four months that I used it. Proof? Cyano Storms!

Exactly, phosgaurd didn't seem to work for me also. Switched to GFO and i noticed the change. Every tank is different.

I use GFO and it certainly has no problems eliminating the PO4 from my tank. The feedback I'm getting is that you don't necesarally want to completely eliminate all the PO4, just reduce it down to around .002 otherwise the water is too clean and you have other problems. So i guess the key is determining how much GFOP to use to remove most, but not all of the PO4.

Use only rowa phos and only rowa phos!! Kidding!! God bless America!!

ummm, i think you mean Gott segne Aemerika there. That's how Weil Industrieanlagen GmbH would say it with their ROWA line of products. :)

Archived