EcoTech & AI Merger

dsquared

FAQs

Is either brand being dissolved?

No, both brands will remain independent. This exciting merger is designed to capitalize on the operational and infrastructure advantages that result from the merger of two US based manufacturers. Product lines and branding will remain separate and occur at the separate Iowa and Pennsylvania facilities.

Will EcoTech products be sold under the AI brand or vice versa?

No, the brands and products will remain independent.

Will I still be able to buy EcoTech and AI products from my favorite store?

Yes, there will be no changes to retail availability. AI products will remain distributed by AI and EcoTech products will be distributed by EcoTech.

Will there be any changes to EcoTech or AI prices?

No. Prices will not be impacted.

Who do I contact for customer support?

EcoTech and AI customer support channels will remain exactly as they are currently. There will be no change to the support numbers, emails, or location.

Are there any changes to my warranty?

Warranty support, warranty conditions and product support will remain unchanged.

Are any products being discontinued?

No products are being discontinued.

Will EcoTech and AI products and technology be compatible in the future?

Currently there are no plans to make the two brands compatible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I thought this bit was interesting: "Because of our similar interests, this partnership will create economies of scale in production and greater efficiencies in all business areas. These advancements are intended to serve you, as our combined software and engineering teams will be able to develop more innovative products to fill and exceed every one of your needs."

As a customer, I read this as "Our costs will go down" but they state "Pricing will not be impacted".

I know, they are in business to make a profit. And who knows, maybe this merger will allow them to keep the pricing where it is vs having to raise prices if they didn't merge to "create economies of scale".

I think behind the scenes that neptune is gonna make a move (Neptune branded jebaos, feeders, followed by neptune branded lights?) and the only way AI and ecotech are gonna survive that onslaught is to team up and make their own controller.

Purely a business move on Ecotech's part. They are simply buying out their main competition as they see it.

They can't purchase Kessil, or they might be able to, but it would be insanely expensive if they wanted to sell out.

AI is out of some guy's house. Low budget, so I am sure they wave a couple hundred grand in front of him and he jumped all over it like fleas on a fresh dog.

Purely a business move on Ecotech's part. They are simply buying out their main competition as they see it.

They can't purchase Kessil, or they might be able to, but it would be insanely expensive if they wanted to sell out.

AI is out of some guy's house. Low budget, so I am sure they wave a couple hundred grand in front of him and he jumped all over it like fleas on a fresh dog.

No they're not....

C2 Development, Inc.

127 S. Bell Ave.

Ames, IA 50010

Also, this was a merger, not a buyout.

http://companies.findthecompany.com/l/2041213/C2-Development-Inc-in-Ames-IA $1.1 million annual revenue

Kessil is a sub unit of DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc (which is a large, privately held, company ~$100-$500 million annual revenue), so the value is difficult to ascertain.