WTH is this!?!

Bpb

I don't believe I have any more astrea snails alive in the tank. If I do I haven't seen it in a while. Lots of stuff in the tank from inverts on up:

Bristleworms

Tisbe pods

Tiger pods

Amphipods

Probably other pods I don't know about

Nassarius snails

Florida ceriths

Blue leg hermits

Nerites

Asterina stars

Stomatella snails

Other stuff like sponges, tunicates, feather dusters, vermatids, colonial hydroids, aiptasia, ect. Lots of life on the rocks some good some bad

Sps

Lps

Zoas

Leathers

Macro

Clarkii clown

Azure damsel

Pajama cardinal

Royal gramma

Mandarin

Tomini tang

That's all I have on it's entirety that I know of. I literally cannot think of anythin else in the tank. None of my current inhabitants have laid egg clutches like that before so it is surprising. It's still there. I don't want to wipe them away because I'm curious as to what they are. Last thing I added was some zoas from JeeperTy, and before that two acropora that were freshly mounted on brand new plugs and were pest free. Before that it's been months snide I've added anything new.

Hmm. I would still say definitely some kind of snail eggs. Either Astrea or turbo would be my guess. But, I've never seen nassarius eggs, maybe they look like that. I know my astrea are always sticking their eggs to the glass in my tanks. Looks just like that, and makes me crazy. they always do it just after I've cleaned the glass.

Lol I hasn't noticed that. After looking up pics on google it checks out. I have 5 Florida cerith snails and that's what their eggs look like. Most people say they'll get eaten or won't hatch often, but they said the same thing about nerites too and my 10 black nerites have turned into about 200 tiny babies that are always on the glass at night.

Archived