Sad Acan

Elizzy

Well it's not exactly an emergency, but it's becoming one. A few weeks ago I upgraded my tank and one acan wasn't happy. Another acan I have is extremely happy (puffed up, tentacles out). I don't know what to do... I pulled a bristleworm out of it and then dipped it Monday, but nothing else came out. It's been unpuffy and not happy since the transfer. Water parameters are good (as evidenced by the other acan), 8.30 ph, 1.025 salinity, 79 temp, no nitrates, etc. Any ideas? I'm at a loss.

Here's a photo of it in the dip - also it was beginning to split off that little piece. It still looks like that in the tank.

acan_zpsad851eda.jpg

Well not recently, I did upgrade my light in October, but acclimated everyone slowly. This morning I noticed acan was doing better... Saw a little puffiness and tiny tentacles. I think he'll make it :)

Acans have a tendency to retract into the skeleton when they are growing new heads. Look carefully around the edge to see if any new heads are coming out. Best practice is to just leave it alone at any rate. If everything else is fine in tank then really nothing to do any way. I'll bet in a few days it'll be fine :)

• Like 1