HD Time-lapse of tank maintenance and water change.

boognish

I've been messing around with my new GoPro Hero 3+ to get more familiar with it before our next snowboarding trip. Here's a time-lapse of my son and I doing tank maintenance and a water change on the 175 gallon bowfront.

Hi-Lights:

• :13 - Quality ARC product placement and alcohol abuse.
  • :35 - Knocked my entire Cali-tort colony over and broke my Aussie Duncans off their plug
  • 1:08 - Watch the sump... fastest water change in the west. approx 25 gallons in no time!
  • 2:00 - It's a refractometer... not what you're thinking, you Austin hippies!

Next: I am rigging a feed cam inside the tank with an algae clip hanging in front of the camera.

Let me know if you figgure out a water proof time lapse rotation device. I have a converted egg timer which works well dry, but haven't come up with something for in the tank.

I'm jealous of your wifi capability...start/stop underwater would be NICE not having to reach in.

nice vid too, did you do the time lapse using gopro editing suite?

AWESOME placement. smile.png Let me know if you want me to host it on the ARC youtube channel.

How long did the process take in real time?

The total process took just under an hour. A regular water change takes about 10 minutes max, but I spent some time siphoning some cyano that grew when I had my phosphate reactor offline for a few weeks. Sure - you can pull it to the ARC channel.

Let me know if you figgure out a water proof time lapse rotation device. I have a converted egg timer which works well dry, but haven't come up with something for in the tank.

I'm jealous of your wifi capability...start/stop underwater would be NICE not having to reach in.

nice vid too, did you do the time lapse using gopro editing suite?

I hadn't thought about a rotating one in the tank. I have made one out of the Ikea egg-timer to use on the mountain for sunset/sunrise, but that won't last in the salt water. I plan to rig an algae clip in front of it with a good angle in the tank to get them coming up and eating with good background. Gives new meaning to 'fish-eye' lens.

I did use the GoPro studio for this one.

Archived