JBJ 28gallon Pro LED set up.

Joseph9123

Wife now has her own tank and I was just wondering on an upgrade return pump. She doesn't want pumps all in the tank and maxi jet 1200 seem to be the one people use to upgrade. Who has it upgaded and is it too much for the wave controler or too much flow for tank?

Joseph

I had the MH version and preferred the 900's over the 1200's due to much less heat. They have almost the same amount of flow at half the wattage. I used a MP10 in mine for most of the in-tank flow.

Cool I will try it. This led pro series setup awesome and hardly any heat so I was debating on heater for tank now. Just in the cycling it right now and should be good in two weeks . Thanks again for info.

Beleive it still comes stock w/ 2 - 296 gph pumps on a wave maker. I always found this was about perfect for filtration and I boosted the gph flow in the tank w/ a pair of 500gph JBJ powerheads on a wave maker. the ability to control 4 different flow points in this size tank was awesome.

Andre'

I haven't seen it in action, but the WP10 might be a perfect fit for this tank for in-tank water movement. The WP25 and WP40 are amazing pumps for the cost.

The MH version of this tank has ridiculous heat problems, so if that's not an issue, either the 1200 or 900 would be a good replacement.

Archived