Apex outlet failed on

Soooooooo, I've always thought that I had a heat issue because I ran two pumps (60w total) in a small, enclosed tank with 60w of LEDs keeping my tank hot. Turns out, my heater was plugged in to an outlet that failed on, even though the controls showed it as being off. I've verified with a lamp, but needless to say, I've wasted bookoos of energy having my heater and chiller fight against eachother.

Just a heads up to those of you out there who have temperature issues with an apex.

YfgYhcW.gif

Of course it would be the heater's outlet that failed. If it was your light's or pump's outlet you would have known as soon as it happened. Your signature block says that your tank's temp is 75.2 now so obviously no overheating anymore.

I've had the relay'd outlets stick before when I had my MH on them. I only run low current draw dosing pumps on them now.

Didn't know anyone else watched red dwarf here.

Yeah, this was outlet 5, so it shouldn't have had an issue. Relay outlets are 4 and 8.

Of course it would be the heater's outlet that failed. If it was your light's or pump's outlet you would have known as soon as it happened. Your signature block says that your tank's temp is 75.2 now so obviously no overheating anymore.

No kidding, who knows how much this cost me when chiller/heater were fighting eachother over the summer.... Now I'm running at like 75 and fretting that my SPS are going to do crappy. oi vey.

Does the apex show how often the heaters / chillers are turning on? I don't have an apex yet was just curious.

Anyone try the openreefs.com stuff?

The apex showed it as on or off or auto, whichever I selected. However the outlet itself was not registering the state that showed in the dashboard. I have not tried openreefs.

Archived