Homie's New Home (90 gal. Rimless)

JoelATX

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the doors for the stand installed and wall trimmed out. Ammonia is down to almost nothing and the nitrite & nitrate are where they should be.

I didn't think having the Loc-Line installed would look so nice, but I think using 1/2" has restricted the flow too much. The supply is 3/4" then splits to two 1/2" nozzles. I think it's the Y fitting is restricting the water.

post-2099-0-15634300-1393216817_thumb.jp

post-2099-0-33982800-1393216828_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still recovering from the Pink Square Anthias disaster. Thanks Local Fish Store. :-( I will have one some day!

I'm taking the advice from several, that I need to leave the tank fallow for 6 to 8 (LONG AND PAINFUL) weeks, on week 4 now.

The tank itself is doing OK, starting to see some coralline algae on some of the rocks.

I fallowed mine about 9 months ago after and ich outbreak. 8 weeks was a LONG time with nothing but corals in the display....but I think it was worth it in the end. I have QT'd all incomming fish since then and had 2 fish survive ich and falow perioid in QT and have had no signs of illness since.

Good luck!

When I left A FW tank fallow for a while I keep feeding it so the bacteria would have something to eat. Required? Maybe not, but I didn't want to take the chance of the population reducing and have a mini cycle when I added fish in, which I did more quickly than normal.

Planeden - Thanks, what I was thinking. There are 2 snails and 2 hermit crabs (and lots of pods) in the tank, so I've been over feeding them a little to keep the bio-load up.

Thanks - Veni Vidi Vici

• 3 weeks later...

I've added a few corals. Frogspawn, and 3 Zoas.

Does the flow for these creatures look right?

This is the Frogspawn.

Pink Zoas

Green Zoas

People Eaters - They are melting away others are doing great. Any ideas? I just moved them to this spot from a little brighter area.

Nice additions. I think the flow looks great for each coral. In my experience any of the people eaters are super picky. Keep trying different light levels and flow and hopefully you'll find a spot they like! Give them time to adjust in between moves tho. Looking good! I like the videos!

I've ever been able to get PPE's to do well. I hear blue's are tricky as well and mine do grow slow, but I haven't killed any (yet).

IME so long as LPS such as Fspawn and torch aren't being blown so hard as to cut themselves on thier stem they are OK (like right in front of a fan). Keep them well away from long polyp SPS like chalices they do NOT like to be stung.

• 2 weeks later...