Looking for salt mix recommendations

ceastman

We are looking for a recommendation on a salt mix - I was leaning toward "Red Sea Coral Pro Salt". We used to use "Reef Crystals" but looks like they got bought out by Instant Ocean.

We are planning on having a mixture of corals, inverts, fish, etc.

I've been using Instant Ocean since '87. Reef Crystals is a high calcium mix Instant Ocean came out with in the '90's. Like Robb said just about any brand will work. Also the mixes that have enhanced calcium don't usually preclude needing to supplement calcium

I currently use Instant Ocean, but I have used Kent Marine twice, Oceanic twice, and Coralife Marine Salt for 5 years. Truthfully, I don't notice a different in the tank with the different brands of salt mixes. Coralife used to ship with a free T-Shirt in every bucket and they were cheaper than the rest, which is why I used them for so long. I use Instant Ocean now because Drs. Foster and Smith will ship it to my house for free and it's the cheapest salt mix they carry.