Build list

Dustin Pedretti

Hey guys, I'm looking to start stocking some more fish in my 125 but not really sure what I should look at...what I have now is a sailfin and scopas tang, a lawnmower, and a orange spotted blenny. I'd like some schooling fish but to totally into a lot of the chromis. This tank also has a lot of good flow. I was thinking another tang but I'm afraid I'd would have problems out of the other two. I REALLY want an angel but this tank is loaded with coral I'd rather not risk losing unless it came from an individual that's knows it wont eat anything...anyway...gimmy some ideas and stuff to look up

Thanks

I think if you keep your angels well fed they won't be as tempted to pick at the corals. I kept a potters angel for a while until I cut back on feeding trying to get rid of some algae and that's when I noticed him picking at my chalice. Maybe I was just lucky for a little bit but it sucked having to take him out the tank though.

What about some wrasses? You can find some really colorful and active wrasse. Melanurus are really colorful and active, so are the radiant. Also anthias are colorful active fish as well, lyrtails are one of my faves.

Shouldn't have any problems with a foxface. If you do an angel you would want a lamarcks or bellus or other swallow tail. There's still a chance of nipping, but most end up being coral safe. Royal gramma and springer's damsel are 2 of my go to community reef fish.

Shouldn't have any problems with a foxface. If you do an angel you would want a lamarcks or bellus or other swallow tail. There's still a chance of nipping, but most end up being coral safe. Royal gramma and springer's damsel are 2 of my go to community reef fish.

Been thinking about a foxface too...does the fact that there venomous cause a problem? I know it's like a bee sting but still...

+1 swallowtail angels are beautiful. Speaking of wrasses, Dustin you know you want a harlequin tusk. Don't think just do lol.

Your killin me man!

Rob...I was thinking some wrases too but unsure about them jumping...they are very attractive

You could always build some of the clear mesh tank covers. Easy to build, don't block light, let the tank evaporate, and keep your fishy friends in... Pretty sure you can make them work with both rimmed and rimless tanks... Unless you just don't like the look.

Dustin your tank is real lean on invertebrates if I remember correctly. Have you considered one of the reef safe-ish triggerfish like maybe a blue throat trigger? The body shape and swimming habits are auper cool looking. Blue throats are pretty peaceful, and really will only go after shrimp crabs and snails. Triggers are just awesome lol. All I can do is suggest the fish I would want with a 6 foot tank

Archived