Dual brs reactor help

bigmike015

I have had my reactor for about a month or so now. When i got it, if i turned the pump all the way up it would blast my gfo around the whole media chamber. This morning i was checking things out and turned the mj1200 up full blast and the gfo hardly turns at all. everything was working fine about a week ago.

This is a pic with the valve all the way open.

post-1500-0-98254700-1380284948_thumb.jp

another question is if there is a space between the carbon and the pad is that a bad thing?

post-1500-0-85457500-1380285042_thumb.jp

HELP

I've had this problem too. I think the dust / fine particles from the GFO stop it up. I've started running ro/di water through it for a few minutes with the carbon chamber empty to clear out as much of that stuff out before putting the carbon in.

Its critical that you keep the sponge pre and post filters inside the canister clean. additionally, the plastic grates on top and bottom of the interior remmovable cannister can gum up with stuff, so best to hit those maybe once a month as well with a tooth brush.