Checking Interest - 2013 Fall Sea World S.A. Trip 10/26/2013

Sea World participation  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Many of you have asked, and I've now heard back from Sea World regarding the fall field trip to "Sleepover with the Sharks and Coral Reef". They can accommodate our club on Saturday, October 26th. That should let everyone get through both weekends of ACL and recover for a week before this trip. Please complete the poll above so that we can have an idea of how big a group we'll have and to insure that we hit the minimums. I need RSVP's to this poll by midnight Sunday (9/1).

If we don't hit the minimum numbers then we won't be taking the trip. If we do hit the numbers then I'll open a trip thread and have payment instructions, costs and breakdowns listed below. Keep in mind that all RSVPs will need to be paid for by 8pm Sunday 9/15/2013, so please don't RSVP by completing the poll above unless you're certain you want to attend. Other than admission/picnic the Back Stage Tour and Sleepover are each optional. If you already have season passes or tickets I will check on pricing for lunch if you want it (I expect it to be about $10pp).

Here are the costs and minimum participants required. Prices ares subject to minor changes in that if we drastically exceed these minimum numbers prices should go down a dollar or two a person. These prices do not include sales tax or paypal fees.

• Admission with picnic lunch (all you can eat 1 hour lunch buffet with burgers, hot dogs, drink) - $35 pp, need at least 50 paying participants
  • Back Stage Tour - $15 pp, need at least 15 participants
  • Spend the night in the shark tank - $80 pp, need at least 10 participants

Kids under 3 are free for all events, 3 and over pay the same rates listed above.

Cost to participate in all 3 would be $130 pp, admission with tour would be $50 pp, admission with sleepover $115 pp, etc. You have to have admission to the park to do the sleepover or tour.

So let's start the discussion and see who's interested in participating!

dribble.gif

I'll talk with Melissa tonight. I know we were looking forward to it this year since we missed last year.

Might try to make it a larger family trip which would help with the admissions, but the rest of my family might not want to do all of the extras.

Thanks Mike!

Is the backstage tour the same as last years?

I've requested the tour details as well as information about lunch options for people who already have season passes. I'll post here as soon as I hear back.

Just a reminder that participation is not restricted in any way, if you can read this you and your family and friends are welcome to participate. Last year we had many families bring in friends, nieces, nephews, etc. Feel free to take advantage of the discounted admission and picnic. The larger our group is the better deals we get in years to come. The tour and sleepover are optional, so people you bring won't be forced to do fish-related activities they don't want to. (It IS Sea World though!)

The management there were incredibly impressed with our crew and have been asking us to come back, so let's show up in force!

Looks like we didn't hit the minimum for attendance in October, so let's push this back to a time when more members can participate. Given high school football, band, UT football, etc., I'm thinking that maybe spring 2014 would be better. Opinions?

Archived