LED light recommendation?!?

rockstarwiggle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

okay. after a few months of browsing around and doing all the research I can possibly do. I came across lights by AIBC International. These are their second generation lights and appear to be fairly new. The price I would say be reasonable and compared to AI or Ecotech etc. of course correct me if I am wrong. But I am sort of digging these lights. The 85 watt version would be perfect for my 30 gallon. I would love some feed back, thoughts and opinions from LED users!!!

http://www.ledgrowlightsoutlet.com/smartaq-led-aquarium-lights.html

Looks fairly blue and I thought you mentioned previously you did not care for the "blue affect".

They are utlizing chips on board technology COB, which simply means they are packaging several light emitters or chips on a single fixture which gives the appearance of a single source when in fact it is not. Besides cost and space savings not rreally sure if there sare any other bemnefits. They do not mention what LED emitters they are utilizing and at the price listed I would suspect Chineese. But don't get me wrong, I am not dis'n the chineese LEDs. I uh utilize a few myself and have had no problems so far. I assume 80 watts will be sufficient for your 30 gal. Probably =to > than 150 watt MH so you should be able to grow whatever.

Thanks. See I was not sure if it was too blue. It has so many UV or semi spectrum LEDs. I have thought about the 120watt overseas LEDs.... But there are so many with so many combos that I feel they don't have a proper ratio or even know what they are doing!! Dunno....TBC!! I think by now I can write a thesis paper about LEDs for aquariums! Ha! No not really!! Thanks for your input!!

Archived