WTB: 40 Gallon or Larger (Drilled) for Rescued Oscar

prettyfishy76

I rescued an oscar yesterday that has severe ammonia burns and a bad case of hole-in-the-head/lateral line disease. I set-up a temporary hospital "tank" (storage container) in my spare bathroom and started treating him. As of this morning, the fish seems to be doing better (at least breathing and activity-wise). Anyways, if he starts to recover well enough, I'd like to put him in a tank and go ahead and keep him.

Does anyone out there have a larger tank they'd like to sell? I'm looking for 40 gallons or larger (preferably tanks that are wider than a 55 gallon) that is drilled so that I can provide a large sump underneath (I hate using HOB filters). I know that Petco is having their $1 per gallon sale, but I have no idea how to drill a tank...

Here are a couple of photos of the poor guy and his temporary hospital "tank" set-up:

post-2976-0-76403000-1374421069_thumb.jp

post-2976-0-57118500-1374421091_thumb.jp

post-2976-0-50069700-1374421184_thumb.jp

Is a gal tank big enough for an Oscar long term? If he gets a foot long, a three foot tank seems a little small.

Good luck getting him back to health though. I can't imagine how someone would him get into that condition.

Sad to see fish in such bad condition. We got a jaguar in last week that is in really bad shape as well. Best of luck to you. Sent you a pm.

Sorry to hear about the Jaguar you got in. It seems to suck to be a large fish at times... I responded to your PM.

Is a gal tank big enough for an Oscar long term? If he gets a foot long, a three foot tank seems a little small.

Good luck getting him back to health though. I can't imagine how someone would him get into that condition.

It does, but what I'm mostly looking for is some good room to turn around in. I would look at a minimum of a 55, but those tanks are way too narrow. A 40 would be the absolute minimum because I like the width. A 75 gallon would probably be best, though. I appreciate the luck. I am still finding it hard to think about how someone could watch this happen.

I have a 100 gallon long that I'm trying to sell it has two drilled overflows and a 20 gal sump, also has a mag9.5 pump.. The canopy has 4 48" t5 bulbs but the fittings for the bulbs need to be replaced they work if you turn the bulbs just right..my wife is asking 450 for it.. 18.5Wx72.5Lx20.5T tank dimensions not including the stand and canopy in the measurements..

I have a 100 gallon long that I'm trying to sell it has two drilled overflows and a 20 gal sump, also has a mag9.5 pump.. The canopy has 4 48" t5 bulbs but the fittings for the bulbs need to be replaced they work if you turn the bulbs just right..my wife is asking 450 for it.. 18.5Wx72.5Lx20.5T tank dimensions not including the stand and canopy in the measurements..

Thank you for letting me know. I'm afraid I am not able to spend that much for a set-up, even though it would be awesome!

I have a 40breeder; drilled for 2 drain and one return, on a custom all red stand, let me know if you are interested and i can send pictures.

Can you PM me your price and photos?

how's the fish doing?

The oscar is coming around. Each day, he gets friendlier and friendlier. He hasn't eaten yet, but showed a small bit of interest in eating last night. I'm going to be hopeful that he'll start eating soon. My husband is going to pick up some earthworms for him today to see if that will entice the fish eat.

If your interested In a non drilled 40 I have one with the overflow and sump, stand and all. Let me know

Thank you for letting me know about your tank. However, I sincerely want to find a tank that is drilled to make things simpler. :)

• Like 1

If your interested In a non drilled 40 I have one with the overflow and sump, stand and all. Let me know

Hello, I am looking for a 30-40 gallon shallow for a sump. Is this breeder shallow. Sorry I am not familiar with breeder tanks. Do you have dimensions? What are you asking for it.