WTB stand or dresser for 75 gallon non reef ready tank.

boognish

My daughters cichlids have outgrown their tank so we are moving then into my old 75. Its in her room, so a dresser would work great to maximize space, but if you have a stand ill take it too.

512-56(zero)-39(zero)2

Don't currently have one, but I would definitely go for an actual stand. Anything above about 50 gallons is heavy enough it will eventually start damaging non-aquarium furniture. A 75 gallon weighs about 800 lbs full of water and sand. Make sure to check craigslist also. I see 75 / 90 stands on there fairly regularly.

I've used a dresser in the past. Some old school dressers are made with more solid construction methods and materials than a lot of the stands you can find. You just need to make sure the bottom edge is flush (not up on castors or legs) and it has actual wood supports and not just a piece of plywood on the edges.

Having said that.... the space we have for it is only 4' - 5' max and only allows room for a stand, I think. Looks like I'll be building one if I cannot find a used one. New stands are ridiculously expensive and not in the budget for this cichlid tank.