Where can I find pure ammonia (ammonium hydroxide) for cycling?

Janelle12

All the typical places (dollar store, walmart, home depot, lowes, ace hardware) only carry the one with surfactants. I need pure ammonia. Have any of you found some local in Austin? I'm actually in Round Rock FWIW.

nevermind, found some. I have way more than I need so if anyone needs some let me know, I'll give you some cheap. For those who are wondering, I wanted to start up a fish only tank with no chance for ich (ie starting with all dry rock and sand), and all wet items (fish, rock, etc) in the future will be treated using tank transfer method so that the chances of bringing ich into my display are slim to none. After I started my tank up recently then my fish got ich, I said, NO MORE!

so basically my poor six little fish are in tank transfer hell (they're actually doing pretty good, eating and no ammonia build up so far), and my new 55 gallon HAS to be ready for them by July 29th, so I'm doing this ammonia cycle thing. I hope it wont take longer than that. right now I'm sitting at about 1ppm ammonia. I'm not sure if I need more of an ammonia spike in order to get the nitrites to show up and go up. I'd love to hear from any who've used the pure ammonia to cycle!

My tank has several pieces of dry base rock (not dry anymore obviously), a few cups of crushed coral (was dry), heater cranked up to 85-88, airstone, and powerhead and ammonia, oh and a bottle of smartstart complete bacteria culture by tlc. should be everything (clean and ich free!) I need to cycle right?

• 1 month later...

nevermind, found some. I have way more than I need so if anyone needs some let me know, I'll give you some cheap. For those who are wondering, I wanted to start up a fish only tank with no chance for ich (ie starting with all dry rock and sand), and all wet items (fish, rock, etc) in the future will be treated using tank transfer method so that the chances of bringing ich into my display are slim to none. After I started my tank up recently then my fish got ich, I said, NO MORE! 

Anyone know where to get the pure ammonia?