Reef Photography tips

I am new to taking pictures of fish and coral. I have a Canon T1i and I have a 250mm zoom lens, 40mm Macro 0.3m lens and the regular lens that came with it. I also have a flash. I have tried every setting, put it on a tripod and I cant get awesome pictures. I am not the greatest with the camera yet and don't know how to use the manual settings if that is how yall get pictures. When the blue lights in the tank are on the coral is beautiful but I can't capture that color. I can't even get the color to show on my phone camera or when video taping. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone have any pointers? I just want to get some nice pictures of the tank. I have gotten a few of the fish but that is it.

Amber

I will send you a pdf file that may help. do you have any post-production software? It may have come oith your camera.

That would be awesome thank you. I don't remember if there was any software that came with my camera I would have to look. If you want to email the file me to my email is [email protected]. =)

Archived