Monti is deteriorating

Additional info.

This is the jedi mind trick monti. Also have a superman, chille pepper, purple, and a green monti with no issues.

No change in parameters:

salinity 1.025

Alk 8

Ca 500

pH 8.10

no phosphates, nitrates, or ammonia detected

Nothing out of the norm. Anemones haven't been walking around and nothing is close enough this sting it.

Sweepers or too much light would be my guess. I've had a few of these, chalices, and seriatopora spontaneously bleach on me with no changes in parameters. I've saved several by moving them to an area with more diffused lighting.

I should of said earlier that when I first noticed this happening, I moved the monti from a small rock on the sand bed to where it is now. There was a chalice a couple of inches away before which could be the cause.

If it was a sting, how do I treat it? Cut away dead tissue and dip?

I've had good luck with monti's by getting them out of the area that's causing the problem and just leaving them alone. They don't usually RTN the whole colony like an acro does in my experience. I've got several in the lower side of my tank that are recovering from bleaching or being stung. One is an undata which should be the same as the warp speed. It's encrusting back over the skeleton that was destroyed.