16g Nano

Jason & Amber

We started our first saltwater tank today. Got 23 lbs of live rock, trying to figure out the layout is harder than it looks. Also bought the protein skimmer that goes with it. I can't tell if its adjusted the right way so any tips would be appreciated. I'm going to let this set up for a week and then hopefully purchase my first frags to start coral and then add some fish.

We started our first saltwater tank today. Got 23 lbs of live rock, trying to figure out the layout is harder than it looks. Also bought the protein skimmer that goes with it. I can't tell if its adjusted the right way so any tips would be appreciated. I'm going to let this set up for a week and then hopefully purchase my first frags to start coral and then add some fish.

From just setting up the tank to adding corals within a week? Slow down there buddy. In order to help you out with the skimmer we're going to need some pics and maybe a good description on what it's doing.

Hopefully we can help!

Congrats you now have a new part time job :P what kinda skimmer you got? I would let it run a little longer than a week before adding corals, I would just get a hermit crab and snail or something to help cycle first, just my 2cents!

It is a Innovative Marine AuqaGadget Nuvo SkimMate Nano Protein Skimmer. I think it is working correctly just not sure if the bubbles should go all the way to the top. How long should I wait until I start coral?

Yea still trying to figure out the scaping, everything I read said set rock up first then sand so burrowing critters dont topple the rock. I just cant get the rock to sit still enough to get the set up figured out. and that picture was from last night I was ready for bed and just trying to get it all running before. When I checked the skimmer this morning there is about a quarter inch of water in the collection cup not brown just a little cloudy I'm assuming since there isnt much waste in the tank yet. The collection up just sits on the top there is an O-ring that seals it but it sits on the skimmer body a little loose for my liking there are drops of water that make it past the O-ring is that normal?

Archived