AGE 90 gal Winner

chark

I won this AGE 90 gal from The Fish Gallery at C4. :D. THANKS

post-430-0-50726800-1367155937_thumb.jpg

This is my first build from scratch. Will need help.

It has polypropylene bottom, dark back glass back, center overflow, 2 holes for 1 inch bulkhead, and 1 hole for 3/4 bulkhead, euro braced 36x24x25"h.

Ordered bulkheads, lock line and other plumbing items from Bulk Reef Supply.

Planning on trying Herbie drain system.

Just starting to build the stand.

• Like 2

Thanks all.

Wished I had asked about the loc-line. It was expensive, but what isn't in the hobby.

Water buckets
I just signed up to get my house painted. I can probably get them to leave all the buckets and lids.

Sorry, forgot to mention. That is a beautiful tank. Congratulations and good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. Ordered LED's from reefledlights, 15 Cree XT-e cool white, 24 Cree XT-e royal blue, 6 Cree XR-e blue and 6 violet uv. Going to use the BJB solder less connectors.

I am sure it will be a challenge. Any advice?

I'm no expert on LED ratios, but I would definitely consult some of the RC threads on DIY LEDs. I think adding some warm whites to replace some of the cool whites would help, but I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Thanks for the help. I guess I will just look at it as a work in progress. The solderless will make it easier to switch out LEDs. Seems like warm white will also help with the red spectrum. I have read some of the RC threads. So many opinions it is hard to know.

• 3 weeks later...